Blogger archives have been moved to the bottom of the page. Visit the archives to view past blogs!

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 55 - What should we do today? Hmmm... How about bike into the MARITIMES!?

August 30th, 2010

Riviere-du-Loup, QC to Edmunston, NB



Our last day in Quebec, already!


We were greeted with about 30km of steep ups and downs in the morning. We didn't get the memo that northern New Brunswick is a WORKOUT!

Some of the hills required us to lean way forward on our handlebars in hopes of creating enough forward momentum that we wouldn’t roll backward toward Lois (who followed us the whole morning, thanks Mom!). It definitely required some cheering for the legs.





















This pic does not do this hill justice.

Go Legs Go! Don't stop of you'll roll into Lois!








We stopped at what looked like a strawberry farm, and hung out with a beautiful farm dog and her owner, who donated to Pedaling Feat and gave us some delicious strawberry smoothies for the road.








Lis and Mom, with our new friend



















We love talking to road workers!


















The view from my handlebars.





















Action shot!








In the afternoon, we decided to check out the Trans Canada bike path, which was mostly gravel. Mom stopped in the towns along the way, ready with freshly cut watermelon for us. Lisa was sincerely enjoying the path, and took her time twisting and turning along the changing landscape. I, on the other hand, was roasting from the heat and went faster to create a breeze for myself. Pedaling Feat split for a few minutes, and what happened? Mayhem. I was so hot that I decided to stop and swim at one point, not leaving any clues for Lisa that I had left the bike path. Meanwhile, Lisa rode right past me, unnoticed, to our rest stop at Lois in the next town... thinking that I must have missed seeing Lois so she continued on. Eventually I made it to Lois (happily refreshed from my dip) and Mom told me that Lis had rode ahead to find me! Anyways, when we finally found each other, there was no separating after that.



Late afternoon, we arrived at the New Brunswick Tourist Information Center. Hooray New Brunswick!! A family stopped us to take a picture because they had seen us on TV in Ottawa! I'm sure we looked just stunning, after one of the longest days on the saddle yet!








Too lazy to cycle back 200 meters to take a picture with the real "Welcome to New Brunswick"sign. Here we are in the Info Center.


What a challenging, memorable, wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment