Blogger archives have been moved to the bottom of the page. Visit the archives to view past blogs!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Weekend of fun in Ottawa/Toronto!

We woke up bright and early on Friday morning for our two TV inverviews! Our first was A-Morning and the second was Ottawa Daytime. Both were a success (phew!), and we were ready for lunch at Iogen (my rockin' rad company).


Iogen hosted a bbq luncheon and we were guests of honour. I had a great time catching up with my karaoke superstars and favourite operators! Thank you to everyone who helped run the bbq! My family and I then hopped into the car and hustled off to Toronto - I had a rehearsal dinner to attend for Kam's wedding! Mel hung out in Ottawa, updating our blog (yea!) and hanging out with Jen and Nick.







Le wedding. Kam, Andre and I. Getting ready to boogie.











After a wonderful night in Toronto, celebrating Kam and Ben's wedding, I flew back to Ottawa first thing on Sunday morning for a Pedaling Feat Ice Cream social, put on by my amazing Gong Show teammates. Within minutes of arriving to help set up, CBC Television (TeleJournal) showed up to film a Pedaling Feat feature! Hoorah! In French? Why not! As I scrambled to find Mel (not yet arrived), and cycling gear (I was wearing jeans) another TV crew rolled up. CTV was here to tell our story! It was all a hoopla of excitement and a few hours later we were spent. Despite the lack luster weather, the ice cream social was a complete success, with kids coming back for seconds and thirds.

We returned to Jen's place and relaxed for the evening. Monday promised to be a great day, with O-town friend's coming along for the ride!







Jenny and Simon!!! Our first Pedaling Feat drivers showed up to the ice cream fest. It was so great to see them again!












Jen. Heading out for a bike ride the evening before our 90 km ride to Hawkesbury. Crazy kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment