Blogger archives have been moved to the bottom of the page. Visit the archives to view past blogs!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Silent Auction Success!

MeL:
Happy April! Summer’s around the corner, which is both exciting and scary for me. I have a lot more training to do before we start our ride in June. I was out on the road last weekend for a 40km ride, and the hills really gave me a wake-up call. Training indoors just isn’t the same.



I wanted to write with some great news. We held our first official fundraising event, a Silent Auction in Calgary, and it was a huge success! We had over 50 people attend, and managed to raise over $4000! We were thrilled with both the turn-out and that amount of money raised, and it seemed like everyone had a great time. Our next Silent Auction will be in Ottawa on May 29th. We may also come up with an online fundraiser in the future, so that the people outside of Ottawa/Calgary can be involved.


Silent Auction venue













Map of Canada with our route.











I also wanted to thank the people who have agreed to help with pledge forms. Without you, we would miss out on so many fundraising opportunities. We really appreciate it, and would like to spread the message that “every single dollar counts”.

Another important request is to please email or call me if you have donated! The foundation holds all donation information confidential, so Lisa and I only have access to the overall amount raised to date. We do not know who has donated. If you would like, please let me know if you have made a contribution to the foundation (no need to include the amount), so that I can personally thank you and put you on our list of Donors.

We've mapped our route on Google Maps, have a look!



That’s our news for now, thanks again for all your support and the words of encouragement, which help us more than you know.


Lots of Love.











No comments:

Post a Comment